DO NOT SPAM!
Don’t send out unsolicited junk mail to promote your site.
Participation in Q&A forums
If you have some money to spend to promote your site, you may want to try some banner advertising.
Banner Ads -
price of advertising $10 to $50
* Flycast – http://www.flycast.com/
* DoubleClick – http://www.doubleclick.net/advertisers/
* Link Exchange – http://www.linkexchange.com/
* The Hyper-Banner Network – http://www.hyperbanner.com/ – which lets you target banners to specific site categories
Mark Welch (who used to work as an estate planning attorney) has some great tips about banner advertising on his Adbility Web Site.
Smaller budgets – http://store.linkexchange.com/
* Alta Vista / Doubleclick – http://www.doubleclick.net/contact_us/advertiser_form_av.htm
Click through buys
* Goto.com – http://www.goto.com/
Cross promotion (don’t forget to mention your site)
Business cards and stationary
We use them in our TV commercials
Any printed material
Other tools and resources
Refer-it – http://www.refer-it.com/ – Listing of various affiliate and referral programs that you can join.
*Wilson Internet – http://www.wilsonweb.com/ – The site provides key information about doing business on the Net — hundreds of articles, thousands of links to resources on e-commerce and Web marketing.
WebPromote – http://www.webpromote.com – The site sells software as well as submission services. It also has some good tools.
NetStudio – http://www.netstudio.com/ – NetStudio offers both a free automated Web graphics service and award-winning retail software to allow anyone to create compelling, custom Web graphics with ease. You can chose from a series of graphics, including buttons and banners, add text, and customize them to fit your web site, all while you are online.
Good types of practice
But the doors are wide open