Legal Question in Traffic Law in Illinois

Can I take care of an Operating Uninsured Vehicle ticket without having to appear in court? I was insured at the time but didn't have the latest card in my wallet.

Michael R. Nack Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law

No, if you were given a ticket then you will need to deal with the court. You can handle this yourself by showing the state's attorney your proof of insurance, or you can hire an attorney to take care of it for you. Yo do not not want to take a conviction, and you do not want the court case to go warrant.

Purav Bhatt The Law Office of Purav Bhatt & Associates

I agree with the advice above. If you fail to appear in court a warrant will issue for your arrest or a judgment will be entered against you which will result in a conviction on your record. Convictions on your driving record can lead to license suspension and additional fines. The easiest way to resolve your case is to go to court and show the states attorney your proof of insurance and he/she will likely dismiss your case.

feel free to call if you have any further questions,

Purav

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Illinois