Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

A citizen in California, was seriously injured in an automobile accident while driving in California. She was injured due to negligence of a citizen of Arizona, who had ran a red light. Where would this California person bring her suit? what process would she have to follow in order to fully litigate her 1.5 million in damages claim?

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at SEGlaw.com

Michael Stone-Molloy The Lion's Law Office

If she has a claim for $1.5M the answer is simple: step one-- hire a lawyer; there is no step two. She can hire a California lawyer since the accident happened here. There is NO WAY she should even think of going it alone on a case of that magnitude.

Steven Kuhn Steven Kuhn

There are 2 places to file suit. Where the accident happened or where the defendant resides. Since you live in California, it would be better to file here. If your case is in fact worth 7 figures, you should immediately consult with an experience personal injury attorney. Please feel free to call me for a free consultation at (949) 370-7488.

David Lupoff Law Offices of David B. Lupoff

Accident victims in general should always seek counsel. However, in her case, it would be unimaginable that she would even consider going such a lawsuit alone. Since the accident occurred in California, the lawsuit should be filed in Ca.

Please contact me on my cell phone at 818.943.0462 for a free consultation. I'll be in court in the morning, but you can still reach me around 9:30 tomorrow morning.

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

You have received good answers. Your zip code is not in California, but if the accident victim lives in the San Francisco Bay Area, I would be happy to offer a free consultation as well.

Yosi Yahoudai Javaheri & Yahoudai

You definitely should consult an attorney. We are strictly a personal injury law firm that only takes personal injury cases. We are located in Century City and you can learn more about us at www.topersonalinjurylawyers.com. I would be more than happy to offer you a free consultation. If you are interested, please call me at (877) 735-7035. I look forward to speaking with you.

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

The other lawyers have given you very fine answers. I'm curious, though, why you believe $1.5 million is the appropriate amount of damages. Just how seriously was the victim hurt? Has she had costly medical procedures? What sort of future treatment will she need? How much pain and suffering has she endured? How much will she endure in the future? Has she lost the ability to earn a living? Was some very valuable property destroyed in the accident? Does the defendant have either a great deal of money and/or extremely high insurance policy limits? The list of questions goes on.

Your question suggests that you haven't consulted a lawyer yet. Many laypeople don't understand what a given case is likely to be worth. This is something you should discuss with the lawyers you interview.

Good luck.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California