Kentucky  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/22/12, 11:25 am

I am a US Citizen married to a Canadian, he lives in Canada (he had overstayed in the states for 2 years before going home) and I live in the states. I want to sponsor him to come live in the states. What do I have to do to make that happen? How long will it take?

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/22/12, 12:15 pm by Michael Cho

You'll want to apply for his K-3 visa/green card in conjunction with the I-601 waiver process.

It will take approximately 6-8 months to complete.

You may find more information on this process at my web site here:

You may request a free consultation here:

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Michael Cho 10940 Wilshire Boulevard, 16th Floor Los Angeles, CA 90024

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search