Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

have a custody order in place

the mother has given the kids to her mother

i was told they dont live with her from DHS

what form wood i need to file to get full custody since it seems she doesnt want them

Asked on 4/25/12, 10:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If there is as a custody order in place, you will need to file a modification of custody action. I am assuming you are paying child support. If so, you will need to include a modification of child support as well. You will want your order to pay child support to terminate, and have an order entered for the mother to pay child support to you. I am providing this information without knowing if you have maintained a bond, visited the children and have been an active father. There are a lot of issues regarding custody so I would advise you to speak to an attorney before filing a modification action.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/12, 12:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now