Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Texas

after dad died my sister took it upon herself to have power and water cut off at dads house where i been living and paying rent to my dad for yrs. i have no money for attorneys so how do i go about suing her. its cost me my whole savings tryn to eat and do laundry and run generator.

Asked on 8/01/12, 9:25 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Cynthia Henley Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can turn the power back on in your own name. The property belongs to whomever it is willed to, or will be split among the heirs if there is no will. I do not see a basis for suing her.

Read more
Answered on 8/01/12, 12:16 pm
Ken Gober (Austin TX) Lee, Gober & Reyna
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You MAY have homestead rights. This is certainly not an area of the law I focus my practice on. Perhaps you could find help through legal aide.

Good Luck!

Read more
Answered on 8/02/12, 4:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now