California  |  Administrative Law

In February of last year i got my Driver's Permit. I unfortunantly couldnt pay for the rest of my Behind the Wheel Driving Course's, so the Permit eventually expired and i lost it.

About a month ago I went to the DMV and took the test to get another permit. I then took my three Behind the Wheel Course's and got my certificate.

Two days ago i went to the DMV, gave them all my information and papers, took the California Driver's test and i passed. When i went to the window to recieve my license the lady noticed that my new permit was only a month old.

I tried to explain to her that i had my previous permit for a year and that it should be in their system. The lady told me that it only says that I "APPlIED" for the first permit but it had no additional information. So they basically told me that they cant prove that i have had a permit for 6 months because its not in their sysetm.

I called the head DMV office and they said that when you get a new Permit it erases the information of the old one, so that is why they cannot see the old one.

Ive already passsed the test and it does show that i did apply for that first permit. Is there anyway i can get my license? I already passed the test, wouldnt that mean they made a mistake and are kinda obligated to give me my license?