Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Florida

I own the home and I took a deposit for a room rental situation to a person who is a paralegal. Problem is we are not getting along. She is threatening to no longer pay rent. I just found out they have 5 evictions on public records and she is threatening me that I need to evict her but she plans on fighting it, stating she will be prepared for the fight. She has a pet that has done carpet damage in her room. She threatened me that because I put the deposit in my personal bank account and used it for bills she is going to wipe the floor with me. What kind of liability or crime am I looking at or do I not need to worry. Thank you so much for your time.

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

Serve her with an eviction notice - state on the eviction that she is deliberately berating you and her dog is damaging your carpet and the amount it will cost to replace. It doesn't matter that you put her deposit in your personal account - as long as you have it available within the 15 days to return to her as a security deposit. However, from the sound of this, I don't believe she will be getting a security return - the damage from the dog will take care of it - just send her a statement as to the replacement and/or the cleaning of the damage.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Florida

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms