Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

If an individual who has passed, had both a last will and Testament and a later dated document declaring her worldly possessions have been placed in a trust and then subsequently there is a second amendment to that trust what documents are required to be filed with the state of Florida after the individual's death.

Asked on 2/29/12, 6:24 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The Will always needs to be filed with the county Probate Court. If there is a Trust, then a Notice of Trust needs to be filed too along with the filing fee.

Read more
Answered on 2/29/12, 6:29 pm
Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

And of course, the death certificate would be nice.

Read more
Answered on 3/01/12, 5:36 am
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the trust was fully funded, there is no need for probate of the will, since there would be no assets to distribute.

Read more
Answered on 3/01/12, 9:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now