California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/21/12, 10:23 am

I have joint custody of my son andhe has lived with me since he was 5. He is now 15. I have to move 5-6 hours from my current location. His father would like our son to live with him now and is enticing our son with many "great" things he can give him. His father does have a stable job and owns a home. Because of the economy, most of my jobs in the past 3-4 years have gone overseas, so my job history doesn't look as good. Would the father automatically get custody because of the stability or would it be based on where my son would prefer he wants to live?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search