Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Virginia

I have Judgement on my Credit for Services that I received at Sentara Hospital in NORFOLK, Virginia and the Company filed a Judgement against me in Chesapeake, Virginia Court. Also, I never received any notification of Court Appearance. How do I go about getting this Judgement off my Credit Report? I have found out that it is Illegal for Creditor to render Services in one County and then File a Court Claim in another County. So? What should I do? Write the Attorney General on this Manner?

Asked on 6/22/12, 10:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Hendrickson Attorney & Counsellor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Go to the clerk's office of the (presumably) general district

court which entered the judgment and tell them that you wish to file a motion

to vacate or set aside this judgment on the grounds that you were never

properly served with notice of the lawsuit which resulted in the judgment.

Read more
Answered on 6/23/12, 7:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Virginia

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now