Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Florida

If I have a lawsuit pending and I also placed a countersuit. The court has recieved a noticed that cause is at issue and ready for trial. However, the other side has not pushed lawsuit (baseless claim)

Can I send the court a document to set up court date to move the suits along or do I need to notify court on my end that "cause is at issue and ready for trial" and set one up?

R. Jason de Groot R. Jason de Groot, P.A.

The case will be put on the trial docket, you do not need to notice it for trial. There may be a case management order which requires you to go to mediation to try to resolve it. Check with the judge's secretary or hire an attorney to find out what you need to do.

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Not sure what you mean by "the court has received a notice that cause is at issue and ready for trial." Did you receive a paper saying this? If so , from whom? It sounds like the Court may already know that the case can be set. You can always file a document stating Notice of Trial and request the court to set the matter for trial. The suit and countersuit go to trial together.

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Florida

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms