Texas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/12/12, 3:23 am

I was married for 4 months when my wife told me she was not happy and wanted a divorce. I moved out of our apartment and she agreed to sign me off the lease. We didn't really have any property together, I took all of my family and friends wedding gifts and she kept hers. However we do have some debt. I consigned on a car for her and on a student loan. My wife wants to keep the car. She called me the other day and said she had filed the divorce at the courthouse and she wants to meet me to give me a copy of the petition and for me to sign a waiver . However I want to be sure that in the divorce decree that it states that she has to refinance the car into her name only and until that is done she is financially responsible for the payments,insurance and repair bills. I also want the decree to state we are responsible for our own student loan debt and credit card debt. Should I therefore sign an answer instead of a waivor?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search