Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Texas

I am trying to sell my father's house which is in a trust. I am named power of attorney. Can I sell his house without having him declared incompetent?

Asked on 7/16/12, 1:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Donald McLeaish McLeaish&Associates;, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

if you are the trustee and have a copy of the trust, but it depends on the title company which will insure the purchaser that you have authority...and that is a big bureaucracy...good luck

Read more
Answered on 7/16/12, 2:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Texas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88563 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now