Legal Question in Immigration Law in California

I came to the U.S.A in Nov 29th of 2008 in a work permet green card, how long should take me to get the citizen ship ?

Asked on 7/17/12, 12:10 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you obtained U.S. Permanent Residency through employment, you must have your greencard for 5 years before you can naturalize. However, you can file for naturalization 90 days prior to the 5 year anniversary.

During that 5 year period, you must be present in the U.S. for at least 50% of the time & show good moral character.

If you obtained your greencard the end of 2008, you won't be eligible for naturalization until the end of 2013. (If you are married to a U.S. citizen, then you can apply now).

Read more
Answered on 7/17/12, 12:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now