India  |  Administrative Law

dear, sir/madam

please guide me, i have a website i am using chatting embebded script on my site, and in the chat room someone abused in chatting i.e, abuser posted phone numbers of unwanted person to another user in the chatroom, after that i got mail from police , police said me to provide that abuser ip address who was posting phone numbers, to further investigation on the case, but sir i am not owner of that chatting application script or not hosting chatting appllication from my hosting server , iam just using chatting embebded code i.e,: chat appl, i can not provide any ip address info of any users to police because i don't rights, that app hosting by thirdparty , police sent me summon,

please help to solve my problem

your's faithfully

user of lawguru

Answered on: 9/26/13, 10:42 pm by Setu Niket

Dear client,

Since the police has already summoned you, you have to give them a statement appraising them of the embedded script and also provide them with the details of the company by entity which handles manages the chat application.

Please do remember that there is a certain liability imposed on u under the IT Act, you are bound to assist police department in this matter.

Kind Regards

Setu Niket

Advocate

Curare Legal

9873109672

Curare Legal 105, FF, Ansal Chambers-II, Bhikaji Cama Place New Delhi, 110066

Answered on: 9/27/13, 3:12 am by Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

In your statement spell out the facts and be clear. Don't get worried and afraid of any action.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rajiv-chandhok/33/7b7/82 Chandhok & Company Email: chandhokrajiv@gmail.com 6/59 W.E.A Karol Bagh, N.Delhi, 110005

Answered on: 9/27/13, 3:44 am by Fca Prashant Chavan

27.09.2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

Since the website is registered in your name, it remains your duty and responsibility to procure the IP address of the miscreant from the person handling the host server and provide it to the Police. You are inviting trouble for yourself, if you deny or refuse to provide the information asked by the Police.

Regards,

Expert Edge LLP prashant.pscl07@gmail.com "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52