Legal Question in Administrative Law in India

MY Grandmother Expired. She has 3 legal heirs i.e. my Father, his brother and his sister [BUAji]. We have not done mutation of agri and non-agri property in Maharashtra. My Bua stays in UP. She want to relinquish her right on property in favour of my father and Uncle. My questions are:

1) Does she have to appear in Maharashtra (Where property is located)in front of Patwari / Registrar ?

2) Can she sign some kind of form or affidavit in UP relinquishing her right without coming to Maharashtra?

3)If YES, does that have to be notarized / registered in UP? and for that Does my father and Uncle have to be present ?


Asked on 6/24/13, 7:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

1. Your buaji can sign the Deed of Relinquishment in favour of your father and your uncle from her hometown in UP itself.

2. Refer Answer 1. above.

3. Notarizing the Deed of Relinquishment is left to you. Should you wish to get the Deed of Relinquishment notarized, there is no necessity that your father and uncle need to remain present for it.


Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 7:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Administrative Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now