India  |  Administrative Law

I have purchased a resale house in Hyderabad and the plot area wrongly entered as 25 insteed of 70 sq.yds. I want to correct ,using rectification deed. My question is that i have to take both signatures in deed. ( First owner and second owner) or otherwise i can take first person signature saying that it will consider for " sussessive deeds". Pls suggest the way to proceed.

Answered on: 9/30/13, 10:15 am by Fca Prashant Chavan

30.09.2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

The plot area is also mentioned on the 7/12 utara and the Property Card of the land available with the Tehsildar / District Registrar of which you should get a certified copy. Since the mistake of the area has only occurred in your Sale Agreement with the Seller, you should obtain the signature of the Seller to the rectification deed, earlier owner's signatures on the rectification deed are immaterial and are not necessary.

Regards,

Expert Edge LLP prashant.pscl07@gmail.com "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52