Legal Question in Administrative Law in India

Respected Sir/Madam,

I am a student studying at bangalore since 9 years, I belong to the SC community. I want to make my caste certificate, but I have no relationship with my dad(divorced) when I was very young. My mother is no more but she has her caste certificate, I am struggling to be able to make this caste certificate. Can you please guide me as to how I can make my caste certificate, it will help me with my education. Looking forward to your reply. Thankyou in advance.

Your Sincerely,


Asked on 7/03/13, 3:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Tshering,

I am taken aback that Universities in Bengaluru are insisting on the caste certificate, because caste discrimination of any kind or nature is illegal and is a criminal offence. Still, you should ask for the help of the local Corporator (Nagar sevak) at the Municipal Office to certify your birth certificate and other relevant documents, that you belong to the SC community.


Read more
Answered on 7/03/13, 3:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Administrative Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now