India  |  Administrative Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/23/13, 11:59 pm


I'm holding a responsible position in government. Since 2009, i've not been allotted any work to do on the pretext that some enquiries of miscellaneous nature viz: delay in disposal of letter etc etc.. meaning thereby i'm getting my salary, incriments and other benefits regularly without rendering my service to the government. The work of my seat has been given to my subordinate unofficially and he's doing it without any incentive. Over the period, two judicial officers have written my ACRs and i've been awarded good except average in the column for manners and powers of working with others by one judicial officer.

My queries:- 1.Are there any rule or law to withhold the work pending inquiries of miscellaneous nature.

2. Are there any laws to pay the Government servant without taking any work from him.

3. In the ACR ASPECT, i have been given good for acquaintance with rules and orders, quickness in dispatch of business, punctuality and regularity, reputation and honesty and NO for defects if any. Does the reporting authority, a Senior Judicial Officer was correct in the eyes of law to award me average in my ACR since no official orders are on record that i have been given work.

I'm at the verge of retirement due in june 2014, plz acknowledge the query it stands in the eye of law/rule pertaining to central government.


Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search