Legal Question in Banking Law in India

bank locker transfer procedure to survivior in case of joint account

Asked on 8/18/13, 2:51 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

You should submit a letter along with the Death Certificate of the deceased joint A/c holder to get the deceased's name deleted from the Bank's record, so as to retain your name as the sole holder of the locker.


Read more
Answered on 8/18/13, 3:32 am
J. Radhakrishnan independent Practice
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the locker was operable on either or survivor basis, the survivor need to simply submit the death certificate of the other hirer.. On the other hand iif it was operable jointly, then survivor apart from submitting the death certificate of the deceased hirer should also submit the consent letter of the legal heirs of the deceased to either jointly operate the locker with the survivor or allow the survivor to solely operate the locker.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/13, 4:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Banking Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now