Legal Question in Banking Law in India

I broke my shoulder in bank premises on duty; slipped from the stairs on a heavy rain day.. now since 3 days i am in hospital seeking for the permission from regional office that they will pay for the surgery that the doctor has prescribed and i got to know now that 3-4 more days will take for the permission to be granted. Now the doctor says we will not proceed for the operation. What options and rights do i have in this situation??

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP

27.09.2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

Usually any bank employee's medical treatment and hospitalization expenses are first required to be incurred and paid by the employee, and are thereafter reimbursed to the employee on production and submission of all relevant supporting receipts and reports, as per the bank's prevailing Employee Medical policy entitlement. You will have to abide by the rules of the bank.

Regards,

J. Radhakrishnan independent Practice

Have the operation done with the help of,your own funds, if necessary borrowing from friends and later claim reimbursement under bank rules, or under

Work men's Compensation Act

More Banking Law questions and answers in India

Banking Law Legal Forms