India  |  Banking Law

I broke my shoulder in bank premises on duty; slipped from the stairs on a heavy rain day.. now since 3 days i am in hospital seeking for the permission from regional office that they will pay for the surgery that the doctor has prescribed and i got to know now that 3-4 more days will take for the permission to be granted. Now the doctor says we will not proceed for the operation. What options and rights do i have in this situation??

Answered on: 9/27/13, 6:22 am by Fca Prashant Chavan

27.09.2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

Usually any bank employee's medical treatment and hospitalization expenses are first required to be incurred and paid by the employee, and are thereafter reimbursed to the employee on production and submission of all relevant supporting receipts and reports, as per the bank's prevailing Employee Medical policy entitlement. You will have to abide by the rules of the bank.

Regards,

Expert Edge LLP prashant.pscl07@gmail.com "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52

Answered on: 9/27/13, 6:27 am by J. Radhakrishnan

Have the operation done with the help of,your own funds, if necessary borrowing from friends and later claim reimbursement under bank rules, or under

Work men's Compensation Act

independent Practice Priya Mahaall, New 27, Old 12/3, Deivasigamani Street Chennai, NUS 600014