India  |  Banking Law

Dear Sir,

I am living on rent.

My society maintenance charges cheque got bounce due to incorrect year as human error. later on they asked for a different cheque with 300Rs fine. I have given another cheque with fine. they have given receipt in the name of house owner. I have asked house owner about this, He said to stop the cheque as for the service they are giving is not good. Later on for the reason to pay it by cash by owner I have stopped it. Now due to stop payment they have send a legal notice to me as my cheque got bounce.

what are the consequences now about. what is the meaning and fine on stop payment bounce case.

Regards

-Anu

Answered on: 5/02/13, 12:50 am by KarVai Legal Solutions

you can pay the amount to satisfy legal notice.

Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi www.karvai.in Email: karvailegal@yahoo.com Delhi District Courts, High Courts, Supreme Court Delhi, 110001

Answered on: 5/02/13, 4:34 am by Fca Prashant Chavan

02.05.2013

Dear Anu,

Since you are a lessee on leave and license, the Society will issue the receipt in the name of the owner of the flat and not in your name. Payment of Society maintenance charges is the responsibility of the Owner and you should tell your owner to pay it to the Society.

Regards,

Expert Edge LLP prashant.pscl07@gmail.com "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52

Answered on: 5/08/13, 11:05 pm by Jayesh Desai

Society will issue receipt & raise bills in the name of the member who is registered with them.

If it is your cheque which has bounced, you shall have to pay in cash or by any other means, otherwise you can be prosecuted.

As far as the fine is concerned, that may be a rule made by the Society, and which is uniform for all members.

Jayesh Desai 609 Dalamal Towers Free Press Journal Marg Nariman point Mumbai, 400021