India  |  Banking Law

I had a HDFC credit card made in 5-6 years back. I had used the card to make a purchase of 4500/- INR . Next month I got the statement and payed minimum amount due. Then no statement receieved for next 7-8 months and I did not pay anything. Then I received statement on my request and wanted to pay the amount but the due amount mentioned was somewhere 12000/- INR and I did not pay anything. Since then I receive call from bank or recovery agents may be in months or half yearly but I didn't pay. Now today a policeman came to my house showing a non-bailable warrant and saying case has been filed in Bangalore court. I asked for copy of warrant but he denied and asked me to call on advocate's num ber which was men tion ed on the warrant.

Is it all genuine ?? I called up that advocate and he said that he will tell bank's manager to call you and you can settle or otherwise you will be dragged to court.

Kindly advise.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh Kumar, New Delhi