India  |  Banking Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/10/13, 4:13 am

I, an Indian citizen was employed in the UAE. Worked there for about 4 years.

During my stay, I had taken a loan from a bank in UAE. However, I lost my job and my employer cancelled my work visa forcing me to leave the country. I had no alternative and had no income to repay the loan.

Now I am in my home country and without a job for the past 6 months. Though I want to pay the loan back, I do not have any means to pay the same.

Can the banks in UAE take legal action on me in India? Am i liable to pay the same?

What alternatives do i have.



Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search