Legal Question in Banking Law in Pakistan

*** A partnership firm having two (2) partners was maintaing a bank account in the name of firm. One of the partner has died recently and surviving partner approached the bank and provuded new partnership deed executed by him and son of deceased partner to continue exusting firm'd bank account. As per my knowledge death of partner DISSOLVES the firm as such please advice how should babj priceedto redolve this issue.

Asked on 9/07/13, 1:54 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Adnan Bashir A B Choudry Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

undoubtedly , at the event of one partner's death, the firm is dissolved. inserting son's name in the deed require a careful examination towards the fact that "is it the formation of new firm or continuation of the old one ?"this could be resolved after looking up the contents of the deed they agreed upon..

as for the bank account is concerned, i suggest you to ask them to obtain a court's direction in favour of living partner and legal heirs of the dead one.

[email protected]


Read more
Answered on 9/07/13, 7:13 am
Owais Ahmad Qadri United Law Associates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

dear without court orders the bank is not bound to act on directions of one partner .

so u must approch the court .

and also adopt the proper procedure for disslution and form of new partners as per directions of registratar of firms.

0300 5823132

0333 5823132

0322 5823132

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 9/07/13, 12:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in Pakistan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Banking Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now