India  |  Banking Law

sir, i am a banker one of my old friend asked me to debit his account and transfer the money to some other persons account i did it without taking written consent from my friend.The bank took objection over this debit transaction, after bank`s objection my friend submitted his written consent for the debit transaction, the bank now is not accepting the consent of my friend, what is the legal protection available to me in this case

Answered on: 7/04/13, 12:50 am by Fca Prashant Chavan

04.07.2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

Ideally, you ought to have taken a cheque from your friend with the name of the payee to whose A/c you transferred the money to and with the amount that you debited to your friend's A/c. An apology letter from you addressed to the Branch Manager is recommended.

Regards,

Expert Edge LLP prashant.pscl07@gmail.com "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52

Answered on: 7/12/13, 7:34 am by J. Radhakrishnan

In view of the after the event confirmation give a letter to your controller that in future you would take care to first have a written mandate from the account holder before putting through the transfer.

independent Practice Priya Mahaall, New 27, Old 12/3, Deivasigamani Street Chennai, NUS 600014