Dear sir/ madam,
My mother bought one land on year 1978. These land my mother self accrued. After year on 1999 my mother has expired. I am one & only daughter of my family. No more anybody.
The land is totally 5 cents. But my father in year on 2002 sold 2 cents through gift settlement.
Without my knowledge and consider.
1. How is it possible?
2. Whose are legal heirs?
3. How did sold without partition land?
4. Have selling rights to my father?
1 Answer from Attorneys
Unless your mother has specifically left behind a Will making you as the sole beneficiary of her property, on the demise of your mother, the title of her property vests in your father.
1. It is possible and correct. Your father has the sole right and privilege to deal with your mother's self acquired property in the manner he best deems fit.
2. You are the legal heir.
3. No prior partition of the land is necessary.
4. Yes, your father has selling rights of the property.
Related Questions & Answers
Dear sir / madam, Good afternoon to all layers, Can u please clarifying the... Asked 8/06/13, 2:46 am in India Civil Rights Law
Tahasildar issued sabik patta in my favour, now survey and settlement not recording... Asked 8/06/13, 2:31 am in India Civil Rights Law
40ft road is there beside our apartments and it is not dead end and it connects... Asked 8/06/13, 1:53 am in India Civil Rights Law
MY FRIEND TAKEN CASH LOAN OF RS.80000/= FOR EMERGENCY , HE GIVEN HIS HOUSE DOCUMENT... Asked 8/06/13, 1:27 am in India Civil Rights Law
My grand father donated land in pondycherry to my father and his first wife there is... Asked 8/05/13, 11:33 pm in India Civil Rights Law