India  |  Civil Rights Law

I am a married women. My father has expired. What is my right on my father's property

Answered on: 8/19/13, 11:41 pm by Fca Prashant Chavan

20.08.2013

Dear Madam,

If your father has left behind a Will naming the beneficiary(ies) to his "estate" (comprising immoveable and moveable property) the transfer of title of the property in the name of the beneficiary(ies) takes place by the Executor named in the Will, obtaining a probate on his Will from the Court.

If your father has died intestate (without making a Will) then his entire "estate" vests in your mother and the title of all his property has to be transferred in her name. You and / or your sister(s) or brother(s) have legal rights on your father's property, only after both your parents cease to exist.

Regards,

Expert Edge LLP prashant.pscl07@gmail.com "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52

Answered on: 8/20/13, 11:24 am by Sudershan Goel

You are a Class-I legal heir having equal rights with other legal heirs, if any, in Class I category.

Sudershan Goel - Advocate Supreme Court of India and Punjab and Haryana High Court New Delhi And Chandigarh, 110001+160