Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in India

I have to owned the immovable property of my deceased father as i am only child (no sister and brother of me) and my father is only child of my grand father . i need to know how can i get ownership of immovable property like land and building of my deaceased father. i possessed the legal heir certificate already. is the succession certificate is required also to own the land and building -immovable property of my deceased father.

Asked on 6/20/13, 4:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

Since you do not have any brother or sister, the legal heir certificate is sufficient for you to get your father's property transferred in your name.


Read more
Answered on 6/20/13, 7:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now