India  |  Civil Rights Law

As per WILL left by my father & after death of mother that Land was mutated in the name of both the brothers. My brother died few years back,Can it be possible to mutate the 50% undivided share of land by her wife in her name if her name is not mentioned in the "WILL"

Answered on: 7/04/13, 9:53 pm by KarVai Legal Solutions

as your brother acquired the share as per will of his father, then after his demise, the wife can claim share of her husband. the will has been made only with the regard to the share of deceased brother and not with regard to the estate left by him.

Thanks & Regards

Adv. Rajiv

Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi www.karvai.in Email: karvailegal@yahoo.com Delhi District Courts, High Courts, Supreme Court Delhi, 110001

Answered on: 7/05/13, 3:59 am by Sudershan Goel

The widow will inherit her husband's property in accordance with his and her share.

Sudershan Goel - Advocate Supreme Court of India and Punjab and Haryana High Court New Delhi And Chandigarh, 110001+160