Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in India

As per WILL left by my father & after death of mother that Land was mutated in the name of both the brothers. My brother died few years back,Can it be possible to mutate the 50% undivided share of land by her wife in her name if her name is not mentioned in the "WILL"

Asked on 7/04/13, 12:30 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

as your brother acquired the share as per will of his father, then after his demise, the wife can claim share of her husband. the will has been made only with the regard to the share of deceased brother and not with regard to the estate left by him.

Thanks & Regards

Adv. Rajiv

Read more
Answered on 7/04/13, 9:53 pm
Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The widow will inherit her husband's property in accordance with his and her share.

Read more
Answered on 7/05/13, 3:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now