Legal Question in Technology Law in India

I am from India. I am victim of Data entry scam. I wanted to ask you that can I get compensation amount from police if I go to Cyber crime wing of Police without any aid from court. I don't have capacity to pay court fees to get my compensation which is nearly Rs. 1 lac. I have necessary proofs against that company.

I found 2 more guys got fooled by that company just like me. As each one of us want a separate compensation amount. so my next question is.., should we complaint as one or should we complaint separately ?

Each one of us has paid Rs.8500 as deposit to that company. So what kind of compensation we will get if complaint at police, will it be Rs.8500 or Rs. 1 lac?

I want Rs. 1 lac as compensation because it is the amount which I want to pay to workers for the work of that company. Please guide me how can I get my compensation. Thank you.

Asked on 8/31/13, 2:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

You can claim any amount of compensation, Ultimately it is the Court or any other arbitration authority that hears the matter out from both sides, and if they see merit and logic in your case, they will decide on the amount of compensation that is payable by the opponents to you.

To avoid any contradictory remarks or statements amongst the three of you, filing a joint claim is not advisable nor recommended.


Read more
Answered on 8/31/13, 2:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Computer & Technology Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Computer & Technology Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now