Legal Question in Technology Law in India

I signed 3 years bond with IT company and i wanted to leave this company but if i leave this company I have to pay 3 lacs as mention in bond. so i want your help. can I break this bond without paying 3 lacs? I dont like this job profile.

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP

29.09.2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

Asking an employee to sign a Service / Performance Bond, being a form of bonded labour, is against the principles of natural justice, and hence illegal and a criminal offence.

Before leaving your present Company, you should first ensure that you have a better job in hand, where the salary being offered to you is such that even if you have to pay any amount to your present Company for breaking.the service bond, you will recover the amount paid to your present employer, from your salary earned in the new job within three months. Otherwise, it makes no sense to leave the present Company, simply because you do not like the job profile. So till such time you find yourself such a well paying job, continuing in the present employment is advisable and recommended.

Regards,

More Computer & Technology Law questions and answers in India

Computer & Technology Law Legal Forms