India  |  Technology Law

"I am working in IT company

I signed 3 years bond after 3 months they forced me to sign other bond I signed that also but I don't like the work given by company as a developer, So I wanted to leave as soon as possible but the problem is if I break the bond..."

Answered on: 9/28/13, 9:32 pm by Fca Prashant Chavan

29.09.2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

Asking an employee to sign a performance or service bond of any nature whatsoever, being bonded labour, is against the principles of natural justice, and hence is illegal and a criminal offence. An employee is free to choose and work for any organization he / she so wishes to, of his / her own free will. You should ask the Company to provide you with work that you like to do, based on your discussions at the time of the interview with the Company officials and HR, and if they had agreed to it, and have thereafter given you a totally different nature of work which does not suit your qualification and experience, tell them that you are giving them one month to provide you with the work that was agreed in the interview, failing which you should tell them clearly, that you will resign from service.

Regards,

Expert Edge LLP prashant.pscl07@gmail.com "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52