Legal Question in Consumer Law in India

I had bought a HP laptop 2months back.This laptop under ADP[accidental benefit plan].last monday there is a heavy rain water rush in to my room and my laptop dip into water.when I am asking HP people to do a repair it they are refusing.

should I go for a legal action against them.If I loose the case do I need to pay the compensation for them.

please help me out.




Asked on 9/17/13, 6:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Manoj,

Besides the Accidental Benefit Plan (ABP), there is a One year Service Warranty for the laptop, which makes it binding on the Company to service it. YES, if the Company refuses to honour its commitment, you will have to lodge a case in the local Consumer Court. NO, you are not liable to pay any compensation, even in the unlikely event of you losing the case.


Read more
Answered on 9/17/13, 7:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now