India  |  Consumer Law

HI ,

I purchase a mediclaim policy from MAX bupa last year. Last week i file a claim

of my wife miscarriage naturally.But they reject my claim because they say it comes under maternity .Please suggest plan name :Heartbeat Gold 07.50 lacs

Thanks

Answered on: 9/21/13, 10:51 am by Fca Prashant Chavan

21.09.2013

Dear Sir,

You should refer to the terms and conditions of the medi-claim policy to confirm whether maternity and prenatal expenses are covered therein. You should bring the relevant clauses to the attention of the Insurance Company. I have checked with the Permanent Exclusions mentioned in this policy on their website. Maternity related expenses are not excluded, so you are entitled to claim the hospitalization expenses related to your wife's miscarriage from the Insurance Company. Please read link and you may let us know should you need further advice and guidance for lodging your insurance claim on the Company :

http://www.maxbupa.com/Lists/Product/Attachments/7/Health companion 12_2011an-02.pdf

Regards,

Expert Edge LLP prashant.pscl07@gmail.com "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52