Legal Question in Consumer Law in India

RTI applicants and PIOs who provide information are considered as consumers and service providers respectively by Consumer Disputes redressal Forums under CP Act 1986

It amounts to that the RTI applicants are eligible to all reliefs provided under the CP Act if the PIOs give information that fall into the category of deficient nature as described in sec 2i(g) of the CP Act.

In my case the PIO of corporation had given me information on my RTI petition about progress of a work it had undertaken.It had said the work had been completed.But in ground reality it is not so.On my appeal to State Information commission it also made an order for corporation to complete the work.

I approached the Consumer forum to constitute an advocate commission to verify the competition as I am a RTI applicant and PIO is a service provider and PIO had given a information that was misleading thus deficient

Order is expected.

Am I right in approaching the Forum?

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP

28.10.2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

YES, you are right in approaching the forum.

Regards,

More Consumer Law questions and answers in India

Consumer Law Legal Forms