Legal Question in Consumer Law in India

Hello Sir, I am Surya from Hyderabad, this is regarding my credit card payment,

through my credit card I utilized an amount of Rs.40,000/- but over a period of time I paid almost Rs.55,000/- on different dates, still my account shows a debit balance of Rs.1,00,000/-, what shall I do. It seems all my payments are adjusted against penalties and interest. at what percentage they have right to collect interest. please suggest me.

Asked on 5/28/13, 12:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Surya,

Instead of paying adhoc amounts to the Credit Card company and the matter prolongs and goes on and on, the best way forward is for you to negotiate a one time settlement and pay off the credit card company, obtain a "No dues" certificate from the credit card company; and shift over to a new credit card company.


Read more
Answered on 5/29/13, 5:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now