Philippines  |  Credit and Debt Law

I have filed a case at the Small Claims Court here in the Philippines but the hearing was postponed because the court cannot find the person who owed me. She has a house in the neighbor province but she doesn't live there. I was told by a friend that she is always on the move because of the type of her work. The only information that I have now is that I know the school where one of her children is studying in college. While it is possible that I can find where her son stays, they don't live at the same house.

What will be my next possible option? Will the court consider that her son should receive the legal notice which is sent through registered mail in behalf of her?

Answered on: 6/20/13, 7:11 am by VOLTAIRE T. DUANO

The service can be done by publication.

VOLTAIRE T. DUANO LAW OFFICE 9th Floor Suit 9N Future Point Plaza 3 No. 111 Panay Avenue, South Triangle, Que Quezon City, 1103