Legal Question in Criminal Law in Philippines

bigamy case

I am a niece of a certain person who was married to a certain girl who later we discovered that she was previously married to another man without having such marriage legally dissolved..My uncle executed a deed of donation to his relatives including the house they lived in..Last year, he died. Now, we want that girl to be out from the house, but she refused to do so..she slaims that she has all the rights to the property..Now, we discovered that she was previously married to another man other than my uncle..My query is that, can I file a bigamy case against her? is the death of my uncle bars the filing of the case of bigamy or the action to file already prescribes?

Asked on 6/08/07, 3:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Reynaldo Destura Destura & Associates Law Offices
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: bigamy case

The death extinguishes the criminal liability. You have to sue both in a bigamy case.

Read more
Answered on 6/11/07, 10:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Philippines

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now