Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

My company had lodged a criminal complaint against me in 1996 for forging cheques and withdrawing money u/s 420/467/471 IPC.Now the matter has been compromised and the compromise documents are filed in the trial court in the presence of the complainant.Now I am planning to go to High court for quashing of FIR.I have a few querrys to ask in this regard:

1.How long does this process take?My next hearing is in october.

2.Is physical presence of complainant necessary in the high court?The complainant

is a Ltd. company and their authorised representative was present in the trial

3.What are the chances of quashing particularly when the company is a public Ltd.

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

Quashing of an FIR is not a right for you in such a case. However if you engage an experienced advocate, then there is a possibility that the quashing may take 3 to 5 hearings. The complainant should be present in the high court for quashing of the FIR. We advise that if a compromise has arisen then file a joint petition in the HC and make the state as the respondent,but remember your advocate should cite the appropriate citations for such quashing. JSR/29813 To know us better, please click on the links below:

KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi

As the offenses are non compound able, you need to make out a good case for quashing. Presence of parties in the court is mandatory.

Thanks and Regards

Adv. Rajiv

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India