India  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/28/13, 9:40 pm

My company had lodged a criminal complaint against me in 1996 for forging cheques and withdrawing money u/s 420/467/471 IPC.Now the matter has been compromised and the compromise documents are filed in the trial court in the presence of the complainant.Now I am planning to go to High court for quashing of FIR.I have a few querrys to ask in this regard:

1.How long does this process take?My next hearing is in october.

2.Is physical presence of complainant necessary in the high court?The complainant

is a Ltd. company and their authorised representative was present in the trial


3.What are the chances of quashing particularly when the company is a public Ltd.


Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search