India  |  Criminal Law

Dear sir,

I am the HR head in an organisation. An employee in our organisation who had the responsibility of vendor registration and evaluation brought in a vendor and the company was doing business with that vendor. But later we came to know that this new enterprise registered as the vendor was the company this employee had set up during the course of the employment and the business was in conflict of interest with our Company's business which is against our company policy. Can we move legally against this employee for criminal breach of trust or cheating? Pls guide me.

Answered on: 7/25/13, 1:26 am by Sudershan Goel

Your remedies will depend upon terms of contract. For appropriate legal opinion, the contract may be shown to a lawyer.

Sudershan Goel - Advocate Supreme Court of India and Punjab and Haryana High Court New Delhi And Chandigarh, 110001+160