Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

Dear Sir,

I got a passsport in 1997 and the passport expired on 2007. I got a governemnt job in 2007. I renewed my passport in 2013 without having awareness that I should get NOC from my department even for renewal. I felt guilty and I contacted the passport office and informed that Iwish to surrender the renewed passport. I surrendered my passport after paying the penalty fee Rs2500 (for suppression of facts). Will I have any legal problems after this and what should I do to get relieved from this case? Please guide me.

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

There should be no legal problem. You may explain the facts to your employer, seek NoC, and get your new passport. It does not appear to be a problem. I understand as of now, there is no "case" against you.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India