Legal Question in Criminal Law in India

Dear Sir,

I got a passsport in 1997 and the passport expired on 2007. I got a governemnt job in 2007. I renewed my passport in 2013 without having awareness that I should get NOC from my department even for renewal. I felt guilty and I contacted the passport office and informed that Iwish to surrender the renewed passport. I surrendered my passport after paying the penalty fee Rs2500 (for suppression of facts). Will I have any legal problems after this and what should I do to get relieved from this case? Please guide me.

Asked on 7/01/13, 9:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There should be no legal problem. You may explain the facts to your employer, seek NoC, and get your new passport. It does not appear to be a problem. I understand as of now, there is no "case" against you.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/13, 4:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88403 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Charles AspinwallCharles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLCLos Lunas, NM
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now