India  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/23/13, 7:15 am

Dear sir.

Is it possible to file same case twice at same time in different courts. Matrimonial dispute and girls family first tried fir under 498 but after police investigation no case registered. Now they have managed to get a case registered in a court under ipc 307. But recently our lawyer found out that they filed exactly Same complaint in 2 different courts at same time. 1 of cases went on for 3-4mts but was later quashed as no one from girls side turned for hearing. Is this ground enough for appeal to quash this case. If so then can you please guide me to any relevant rulings. Initially court only registered case as minor maar peet case after after 2 revisions by opposite party converted to 307. We were never called during revisions and first we heard of this case was after court started 307 proceedings and we were served warrants. Case is in u.p.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search