India  |  Criminal Law

I AM AN EDUCATION CONSULTANT BASED IN GURGAON

FEW DAYS BACK I GOT E-MAIL FROM CHENNAI CYBER CELL BRANCH, I THOUGHT IT A SPAM AS IT ASKED FOR LOG IN DETAILS OF MY ACCOUNTS. FOLLOWING ARE DETAILS OF MAIL

----------------------------------------------------------------------

POLICE DEPARTMENT

Under Section 91 Cr.P.C.

Sub: India - Tamil Nadu Chennai Police Central Crime Branch Cyber Crime Cell Furnish the log details of user id Reg.

I am enquiring the case mentioned in the above reference in which the details of the e.mail ids.........

is needed for enquiry. Hence it is requested to furnish the following details of the above said e-mail id for further enquiry.

1. Log in and log out details of the above mentioned e-mail ids. (IP addresses with date and time) from available date to till date

2. Profile of the email- account holder.

3. All other relevant details.

4.If secondary email id is available kindly furnish the log in log out details from the date of creation.

5.Kindly furnish the facebook account or any other social network details.

Treat this as most urgent.

-------------------------------------

THEN I GOT A CALL FROM LOCAL POLICE STATION ASKING TO COME FOR QUERY, THEY SAID YOU PLEASE COME THEN WE WILL TELL .

COULD SOME ONE PLEASE ADVICE WHAT SHOULD I DO.

I DO NOT KNOW WHY I GOT THIS MAIL FROM CHENNAI .. AS I AM IN GURGAON..AND I HAVE NEVER DEALT THERE IN CHENNAI

THE E MAILS DETAILS THEY WANT TO GET.... ARE NOT MINE..I DO NOT USE THEM. HOW CAN I GIVE DETAILS.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

SHOULD I HIRE A LAWYER , WILL HE HELP ME AND HOW MUCH WOULD A LAWYER CHARGE.. AS I HAVE NO IDEA AS NEVER DEALT WITH ANY CASE LIKE THIS.

I KNOW I HAVE NOT DONE ANY THING WRONG, BUT AS THESE ARE LEGAL THINGS SO FEELING NERVOUS...

PLEASE SOME ONE ADVICE

Answered on: 5/20/13, 11:33 pm by KarVai Legal Solutions

you need to show this email to a lawyer and the needful can be done. you may talk to my sir Mr. Rajiv on 9811284735 for guiding you on IT laws.

Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi www.karvai.in Email: karvailegal@yahoo.com Delhi District Courts, High Courts, Supreme Court Delhi, 110001

Answered on: 6/08/13, 3:13 am by Shrichand Nahar

If you did nothing, then no need to feel nervous or shy. Go ahead and meet the police officials. If need be, call Chennai police officials also.

S.V.Nahar, Advocate Pune, 411004