India  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/31/13, 5:11 am


Just to bring to your kind notice that i was a partner in a partnership firm which was involved in marketing of its products being contract manufactured by a manufacturer.We ordered some products from the manufacturer against which we issued him a cheque for Rs110000, which unfortunately got bounced because of insufficient funds. After few months our partnership firm desolved wherein i had another partner as well.And upon being called by the Manufacturing party advocate i went with my partner to Rajasthan and settled my share of liability by paying Rs55000 and got acknowledgement receipt signed by one of the partners in the Manufacturing company and witnessed by their advocate. However now after almost 2 yrs i got a call from their advocate which was attended by my wife, threatning that very soon arrest warrants would come to your place.First of all is it possible that after almost 2yrs without being served any summons i could get a arrest warrant.Secondly does the summon goes to the accused residential address as well or only to the office address,which in our case is closed.Thirdly, if i get a arrest warrant will it be bailable or non bailable?If Non bailable can i go to the local police station and get bail? As per me i should first of all should not be dragged in this case as settlement was done. Please advice.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search