Legal Question in Discrimination Law in India

I have been using my husband's surname in all legal documents for the last twenty years.However,henceforth I wish to use my maiden surname in all legal documents.Do I need to make out an Affidavit for this change?

Asked on 5/14/13, 12:15 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

you go for the publication in official gazette

Read more
Answered on 5/14/13, 1:34 am
Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to fill up a form and publish this information in Government Gazette.

Read more
Answered on 5/16/13, 2:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now