Legal Question in DUI Law in South Africa

For a person arrested for drink and driving, is it possible to stay for a year without being told how long he will be sentenced?

Asked on 9/30/13, 2:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

From the information provided, it is not clear how far the prosecution has progressed. However, if the matter is still pending, it might be because of the sometimes lengthy delay resulting from the backlog a the Forensic Science Laboratory.

It is not unheard of for matters to take months before they are ready to proceed due to outstanding blood-alcohol test results, but a full year seems excessive.

Yours faithfully,

Read more
Answered on 9/30/13, 4:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in South Africa

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now