Legal Question in Education Law in India

I Belong to Scheduled Caste(Jatav) but by mistake or just to prevent humiliation I have entered my name in Xth class certificate and other higher educational certificate as "Yadav" instead of "Kumar" now I want to rectify that mistake. Please tell me the process to rectify the same.

Asked on 6/21/13, 6:13 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

The school / college issuing you the leaving / bonafide certificate is not legally permitted to carry out any changes to rectify the mistake. You only have a reprieve if your birth certificate contains the correct caste you belong to.


Read more
Answered on 6/21/13, 7:26 am
Yash Kumar Yash Kumar & Co.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Dear Mr.

File a suit for declaration in the court of competent jurisdiction. For further assistance you may contact me on my mobile no. i.e. 08750228171


Read more
Answered on 6/21/13, 10:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now